My interesting articles that I came across this week.
VSTS / TFS
- Team Services – Use one build definition to build all branches & release selectively. Tarun Arora demoes how to use one build definition to build multiple branches and deploy them selectively. Only in VSTS so far but it’s a more than welcome feature to stop having one build per branch…
- Business Rules for Work Items in Team Services. A more user friendly way to customize the behaviors in the work items than editing the process template or work item definition xml.
- Using the latest NuGet in your build. Alex Mullans ( Program Manager @ Visual Studio Team Services, Microsoft) explains how to use the new NuGet Tool Installer (actually in preview) for VSTS / TFS 2018 and the recommanded workaround for TFS 2017 Update 2 and earlier.
- One of the best news of the week, the Chuck Norris Build Enhancer developed by Mathias Olausson ! It will display a Chuck Norris quote on each build report and that’s now a mandatory task on all my builds. 🙂
- I don’t have a macOS machine but just in case one day… Installing VSTS Build Agents on macOS
Agile / Scrum